Application at The Design School Southern Africa is simple and straight forward:
If you're applying online, simply click Apply Now. Complete the online application ensuring all the fields are completed correctly. You will be charged an R650 non-refundable Application Fee. (When visiting the campus closest to you don't forget to bring along a copy of your ID and your latest Statement of Results/Matric Certificate)
The online application submission will be sent to The Design School SA campus that you have selected and you will also receive an automated email, confirming your application details.
Once we receive your application, we will contact you regarding the interview and formal registration documentation process.
If you're applying in person, you may want one of our Student Advisors to get in touch with you. In that case, please fill in the contact form and your request will then be sent to one of our qualified staff members who will contact you shortly. Please remember to bring along your Application Form, Copy of ID, latest Statement of Results/Matric Certificate and R650 Application Fee.
- All candidates are required to undergo an interview.
All candidates are required to complete a creative exercise that demonstrates current artistic ability.
All candidates are required to submit a creative portfolio and successfully meet the creative portfolio criteria.
- Briefs are available from your Student Advisor.
• Submit Registration Contract and R10,000 Deposit
THINGS TO REMEMBER
1. Have you completed your 2017 Registration Contract in Black Ink?
o We regret that no photocopied/faxed or scanned copies of Registrations Contracts will be accepted.
2. Have you and your account payer completed the contract in full?
o Both parties to Initial each page
o Both parties to sign the contractual agreement (page 10)
3. Do you have all your required certified documents?
o Your ID
o Your Parent/Sponsor/Guardian's ID
o Final Statements of Results
o Final Academic Transcripts (if applying for Honours)
o Proof of deposit
o Proof or residence
4. Get ready for the most important design journey of your life!
1. Certified copy of passport.
2. A valid study visa made out to The Independent Institute of Education.
3. Senior Certificate or equivalent qualification and original South Africa Qualifications Authority (SAQA evaluation of foreign qualification and translation into English, if necessary.
4. USAF exemption certificate (required for degree entry